Stress and the Nervous System is a problem worth considering for your long term happiness and good health. The problem with stress is that it deeply affects the nervous system by changing our body chemistry and physiology. Your stress affects so many physical components in your body.
Some examples of physical stress patterns people manifest are:
- muscle tissue –creating tension patterns, degradation, constriction (tightness, esp. in the neck and shoulders or lower back)
- pancreas –creating blood sugar dysregulation
- adrenal fatigue or exhaustion –causing systemic hormone imbalances, e.g., thyroid dysfunction
- high blood pressure
- immune system – over- or under-active
- brain, nervous system and respiratory functions falter as we go into fight or flight responses
Stress affects our thoughts and feelings in negative or harmful ways. We can have thoughts that are full of anger, resentment or irritation that effect our relationships leading to painful or uncomfortable emotions. This can lead us into spiritual crisis on the level of soul when we fall into despair and self-judgment.
As you can see, stress can be physical, emotional, mental or spiritual. Here are some ways to look for how stress might be affecting your nervous system:
Physical stress can also be created by:
- lack of sleep
- improper nutrition
- work schedule overload
- lack of exercise
Emotional stress can be created by:
- overwhelming feelings of your own or others in your environment
- loss of a loved one
- moving your home
- getting married or divorced
On the Mental level, it can be caused by:
- high levels of continued time (mis-) management
- severe judgments about yourself and others
- perfectionism, OCD, and other needs to control
Spiritually, we can experience stress by:
- lack of quiet time
- poor self-care
- not enough time spent in Nature
- suppression or repression of connection with God
We all have noticed ways in which we have suffered from stress. Many of us have not been successful in managing stress, which often leads to coping mechanisms. Coping mechanisms typically leave people feeling in control temporarily but ultimately powerless at affecting real change in their lives. This creates a negative feedback loop that can feel inescapable, leading to more coping mechanism usage and deeper negative feelings on the inside.
We offer consultation and advanced energy healing to support you in reducing stress in your life, which creates optimal brain and nervous system function. With optimal health you create the life you desire. Your relationships improve when you are more peaceful and less reactionary.
Here’s more good news!
There are a multitude of energies in your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual energetic bodies that we can clear in the first session together that will support a permanent, transformative shift in you.
Stress and the nervous system will always be present, but how you respond to the stress in the first few moments of recognizing it is key to your health and happiness. Wouldn’t you like to know that stress and the nervous system can be seen differently with healthy management tools? Stress is just a messenger to let you know via the nervous system that something needs support or change. We’ll help you get to the point where you are empowered on a day to day basis to manage stress appropriately.
Annie & Ashley